And the award goes to...
Each year we recognize our top suppliers, because it’s through them that Tellabs delivers the right stuff to our customers.
One of our key suppliers, Oclaro, suffered a terrible blow when flooding destroyed its Thailand factory last October. Oclaro worked tirelessly to restore operations and kept us updated during recovery efforts. Despite overwhelming challenges, Tellabs received products in early January.
For its remarkable resilience, Oclaro received an award for Business Continuity at Tellabs’ annual conference for key suppliers. Other 2012 awards included:
- Strategic Partner: Molex – Our largest supplier in the connector and cable commodity space, Molex consistently provides exceptional technical support. It proactively responds to all Tellabs requests from around the globe.
- Innovation and Technology: Broadcom – Our customers require world-class solutions. Broadcom’s focus on innovative semiconductors strengthens our product portfolios to help customers succeed.
- Quality: Freescale – Through its commitment to product quality, Freescale consistently meets and exceeds our expectations. An increasing focus on quality helped Freescale achieve flawless new-product launches in 2012.
- Loyalty and Service: CTDI – For the past 12 years, CTDI consistently has achieved targets and moved quickly to resolve any issues. Even while opening new facilities around the world, CTDI maintained its commitment to provide outstanding technical and logistical services.
- Supplier of the Year: Oplink – This company excels in all aspects of Tellabs’ supplier management principles, including: technology, quality, responsiveness, delivery, cost and environment. In 2012, Oplink collaborated with R&D and offered innovative ideas that helped reduce cost. It delivered high-quality next-generation products and quickly responded to meet shortages following a natural disaster.
Congratulations to all of the 2012 honorees. Through these strategic partnerships, Tellabs supply chain can better meet our customers’ needs.