The Tellabs 1000 Multiservice Access Platform (MSAP) offers our telecommunications service provider customers multiple options for optical connectivity for expanding bandwidth needs at central offices, remote cabinets, mobile backhaul and business services.
The three choices for fiber-based connectivity include SONET, ATM and Ethernet:
- SONET transport can be accomplished with OC3-XCVR plug-in card
- ATM transport and service are provided using OC3c-XCVR and OC12c-XCVR cards
- Ethernet connectivity is support via 10/100 Ethernet (ES 10/100) and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE222) cards
However, we are most excited about the addition of our 10Gbps speed card, the new Tellabs™ 10 Gigabit Ethernet 226! The GbE226 plug-in card offers:
- Four (4) 1Gbps Ethernet ports that are small form-factor pluggable (SFP)
- Two (2) 1Gbps/10Gbps Ethernet ports that are enhanced small form-factor pluggable (SFP+)
- A total of six (6) Ethernet ports with flexible uplink and tributary connectivity options to expand the capacity of existing Tellabs 1000 MSAP systems.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be working at Minnesota Telecom Alliance (Booth 174, March 26-28, Minneapolis, Minnesota) and Texas Communications Expo (Booth 634, April 3-5, Belton, Texas) showcasing our optical connectivity choices. If you can, come on by and visit with us and see our the new 10G GbE226 card.