With help from our integration partner Vision Technologies, Tellabs is showcasing how Passive Optical LAN is the best architecture to support the demands of the Internet of Things (IoT) at our shared exhibit (booth #36) at HT-NEXT March 12th through 14th in lovely San Diego.
Tellabs and Vision have years of experience and many successful installations within the hospitality market where IoT connectivity was of critical importance to the hotel/resort owners and operators. For example, in our joint case study “Tellabs Optical LAN and Vision Technologies provide metro Madison hotel modern, sustainable, fast and reliable network”, we identified 5 primary benefits for that contemporary downtown hotel:
- Speed – Gigabit connectivity for the IoT devices
- Density – For future IoT technologies and capacity
- Green – Copper and plastic removed from the in-building environment
- Space – Return telecom closet space to hotel operations and revenue-generation
- Savings – Saved over $100,000 compared to copper-based network design
Be sure to come by booth #36 at HT-NEXT and see our live demonstration of Passive Optical LAN connecting many different IoT devices including IP cameras and Wi-Fi access points.