Our network operator customers are facing tough challenges ahead. These include meeting increased bandwidth demands due to COVID-19 impacts, preparing for FCC RDOF applications, and priming the access network for 5G rollout. All this, while maintaining and supporting revenue from legacy analogy business services.
These service providers must work to expand bandwidth capacity efficiently and economically across their access networks. By leveraging their existing Tellabs 1000 Multi-Service Access Platform (MSAP) footprint, they can better serve their residential and business customers because:
- Of the ubiquity of the T1000 with 15M lines and 15,000 to 20,000 systems across the USA
- These T1000 systems can be easily upgraded to expand bandwidth capacity
- Service Providers can satisfy more customers using less money, resources and time
A big part of this strategy will rely on the T1000 new VDSL2 6+6B card. This VDSL2 module can help network operators:
- Deliver higher speeds to improve customer retention
- Easily migrate from 10Mb/s to 25Mb/s to 50Mb/s to 100Mb/s
- Increase premium service rates to generate more revenue
- Enable rapid expansion, utilizing the embedded base to limit funding needs while meeting market demand
The new Tellabs 1000 VDSL2 6+6B plug-in card features:
- A single card for all DSL functions, including VDSL2, VDSL2 bonding and ADSL2+, ADSL2+ bonding.
- Cost savings due to the ability to minimize equipment inventory requirements.
- A Broadcom chipset that adds flexibility and longevity.
- Six ports of integrated DSL and POTS
- DSL Speeds from 10Mb/s to 25Mb/s to 50Mb/s to 100Mb/s
- Integrated management of VDSL2 6+6B into the existing Tellabs Panorama EMS
We’re currently finishing up third party testing at University of New Hampshire’s Broadband Center of Excellence and we’ve initiated First Office Application trials with a respected broadband service provider for the VDSL2 6+6B card.
If you would like to learn more about this topic you can visit our online DSL Connectivity resources on our website. You can also join us on our social media outlets, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.