1048 Channel Bank Assembly (CBA) 1RU Fan Tray
The Tellabs 1048 Channel Bank Assembly (CBA) Fan Tray is 1 RU tall and 10 inches wide, and contains four 4 5/8-inch variable-speed fans and a controller board. Its purpose is to blow air upward through the CBA1048 card cage to cool the installed cards. Accordingly, it goes in the lowest position of the Wall-Mount Swing Rack or below the CBA1048 card cage when installed in a standard equipment rack using an optional Equipment Rack Mounting Bracket.
- Part of our CBA1048 Fiber-to-the-Business Solution
- Temperature and Fan Speed Control
- Status and Alarm LED Indicators
- Push-button on the front panel runs a self test
- Maximum 800 CFM airflow (200 CFM per fan)
- Life span measured at 70,000 hours at 77Âº F (25Âº C)
Power for the CBA1048 1RU Fan Tray comes from either one or two Rectifier Modules in a Rectifier Shelf installed at the top of the Wall-Mount Swing Rack (all optional), or from existing â€œ48-VDC power in the room. When using dual DC power sources, if one source should fail, the CBA1048 Fan Tray switches over to the alternate source. A cable assembly (optional) connects â€œ48-VDC power from one or two DC sources to the CBA1048 card cage and the Fan Tray. It also connects the Fan Tray alarm output to the CBA1048 backplane fan alarm input.
Temperature and Fan Control
The internal controller board adjusts the speed of the fans based on the ambient air temperature flowing into the fan intakes, and sends an alarm signal to the CBA1048 card cage backplane PCB if a fan should fail.
The CBA1048 Fan Tray has a 14-pin Molex connector socket, two LED indicators, and a membrane push-button switch on the front panel. The connector on the Fan Tray front panel is the input for â€œ48-VDC power and the alarm output to the CBA1048 when a fan fails.
Status and Alarm LED indicators
The CBA1048 Fan Tray has status LED indicator on the front panel lights solid green when the Fan Tray is operating normally. The Alarm LED indicator on the front panel lights solid red when the Fan Tray is in an alarm condition. The Test push-button on the front panel runs a self test on the Fan Tray when pressed and released.
- Connectors: 14-pin Molex connector on front panel
- Height: 1.7 in (4.3 cm) 1 RU
- Width: 9.8 in (24.9 cm)
- Depth: 11.3 in (28.7 cm)
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Operating temperature: -40Â° C to +65Â° C (-40Â° F to +149Â° F)
- Storage temperature: -40Â° C to +70Â° C (-40Â° F to +158Â° F)
- Humidity: 5%â€œ95% non-condensing Mounting (Stacked configuration)
- Zinc-plated steel
- NEBS (GR-1089 Issue 6 and GR-63 Issue 4) Compliant
- UL-60950-1 (issue 2014)
- CSA C22.2#60950-1 (issue 2014)
- Airflow: 800 CFM, maximum (200 CFM per fan)
- Life span: 70,000 hours at 77Âº F (25Âº C)
- Supply voltage: â€œ48 VDC
- Supply current maximum: 2 Amps
- Power consumption maximum: 90 Watts