Datalink Processor (DLP) Plug-in Card
The Tellabs MSAP Datalink Processor (DLP) plug-in card provides Embedded Operations Channel (EOC) and Time Slot Management Channel (TMC) management and software and hardware processing capability for a Telcordia GR-303 64 Kbps datalink to the Tellabs 1000 MSAP. For GR-303 operation, the DLP card operates with T-1 transceivers to terminate the GR-303 switch interface groups.
- GR-303 64 Kbps datalink with EOC and TMC
- Software downloadable
- One to 28 DS-1s distributed among up to three discrete GR-303 groups
- One DLP required per Tellabs 1000 MSA system (hot standby option available)
- Operates with all Tellabs 1000 MSA transceivers (T-1, E-1, xDSL, fiber and wireless)
The DLP card is a common control unit used in the Local Exchange Terminal (LET). The DLP unit is installed in any general purpose slot in the primary shelf of the terminal hosting the GR-303 interface. Only one DLP card is required for GR-303 operation, and the DLP may also be deployed redundantly for hot standby capability.
The DLP card is software downloadable for future GR-303 feature expansion.
For GR-303 operation, this card operates with all Tellabs 1000 MSA transceivers (T-1, E-1, xDSL, fiber and wireless) to terminate the GR-303 switch interface groups.
The DLP for GR-303 supports one to 28 DS-1s, independent of the number of DLP cards in the system. The card supports network configurations in five wide star configurations with 15 terminals in a network.
- Height: 5.125 in (13.018 cm)
- Width: 0.563 in (1.429 cm)
- Depth: 10.5 in (26.67 cm)
- Weight: 0.5 lb (0.23 kg)
- Typical power consumption: 3.4 W
Digital Data Ports
- Synchronous RS-232 port: Data rate selectable
- Asynchronous RS-232 port: Data rate selectable
- Asynchronous RS-422 port: Data rate selectable
- Operating temperature: -40 F to +149 F (-40 C to +65 C)
- Relative humidity: 5%-95% noncondensing
- Red FAIL - the card is in a failed state and unable to function
- Red FAIL at bootup - DLP is initializing
- Green ACTV/STBY - the DLP card is active and functioning properly
- Flashing Green ACTV/STBY - GR-303 group is provisioned and the database is initializing
- Yellow ACTV/STBY - the DLP card is in standby mode
- Flashing Yellow ACTV/STBY - no GR-303 groups are provisioned in the system
- Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS)
- Craft User Interface (CUI)
- Minimum base software FP15 and higher
- Supported in Tellabs 1000 CBA