I’m excited to introduce the new and improved Tellabs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) calculator. This web-based TCO tool compares the costs of Optical LAN and traditional copper networks. It helps simplify the decision-making process for our partners and customers. By exposing keen financial insights, this versatile calculator provides accurate numbers and adapts to specific design, region, size and industry criteria, making it extremely flexible to analyze many different types of IT and networking projects. Our TCO calculator enables better network infrastructure decisions with ease and precision—because informed choices lead to long term savings.
Our TCO calculator allows users to gain access to:
- Cost Comparison: With a few simple inputs, the tool calculates overall costs associated with implementing and maintaining Optical LAN versus traditional networks. This includes the initial deployment costs, operational costs, and any potential future upgrade expenses. Historically these network refreshes (also known as “rip and replace”) are disruptive to businesses, add significant expenses and are avoidable with a fiber-based design.
- Operational Savings: The calculator helps organizations assess whether the initial investment is justified by the potential savings over time with lower maintenance costs, troubleshooting expenses, energy efficiency, and scalability.
- Energy Efficiency: Our tool can quantify regionalized energy savings over the lifespan of the network, contributing to both cost savings and environmental sustainability (e.g. operational carbon savings). This is easily done by selecting the state where your project is located.
- Carbon Impact: With the TCO calculator, you can discern the embodied and operational carbon impact disparities between Optical LAN and legacy networks, providing valuable insights into the environmental sustainability of your network design choices.
- Bill of Materials: With our calculator, you can easily visualize and analyze the bill of materials, providing a transparent overview of the components and associated costs in your network infrastructure, and ensuring informed decision-making.
Our TCO calculator is an asset for our partners and customers seeking a better way to assess IT and networking choices. By comparing Optical LAN versus legacy LAN, it provides a comprehensive financial understanding, evaluating long-term savings, energy efficiency, carbon impacts and scalability advantages. The tool goes beyond costs, considering maintenance, downtime, and futureproofing, it ensures decisions to align with financial objectives, operational efficiency, sustainability initiatives and long-term strategic goals.
Our tool wouldn’t have been made possible without the help of our expert sales engineers Bill Mitchell, Bobby Mitchell, and Scott McIsaac. Their efforts have shaped this tool into an asset for others. This project represents a significant amount of work, and their commitment has played a pivotal role in bringing it to completion. We extend our heartfelt appreciation for their exceptional contributions and expertise.
Take the next step to Contact your Tellabs sales representative, or submit this short Contact Request form, for a walk-through demonstration or to create custom analysis of a real project. You can also get more information about fiber-based connectivity solutions by visiting our Passive Optical LAN online resources page and by following us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Corporate news releases recognizing significant achievements of Tellabs operations, products, solutions and customers.
Hear directly from our customers about their successful installations, quantifiable benefits and sincere testimonials.
Up-coming conferences, seminars and webinars where Tellabs products, solutions and people will be actively participating.
Blogs & Articles
Read these short, and regularly updated, opinion pieces covering contemporary industry and technology topics.
Download our non-vendor specific overviews meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
Media to educate and advocate our products, technologies or services, and offer direct insight into our customer references and user case studies.
Passive Optical Networking
Tellabs Optical LAN is a true enterprise centric solution that offers a better means of designing and operating networks inside buildings and across extended campuses.
Tellabs 1000 MSAP (aka T1000, DMAX, AFC, UMC) is the industry’s only Broadband Digital Loop Carrier platform that converges legacy copper and modern fiber connectivity.
Technical Assistance Center
Address your questions and challenges quickly with our award winning TAC. Flexible support options to meet your needs.
From small projects to migrations to full turn key services, Tellabs is here to help.
Preparation is the key to success. Get your team ready to plan, deploy and manage your Tellabs Network. Check our our Training Curriculum today!
You worked hard in Training, now it’s time to show your new credentials off to the World through our Digital Credentialing Program!
Become a Partner
The Tellabs Advantage Partner Program is designed to offer our partners exceptional opportunities to grow your business, increase revenue and gain unique solution differentiation.
Find a Partner
For our end-customers, our Tellabs Advantage Partner Program offer best-in-breed services that match specific vertical markets and geographical regions with the end-customers exact needs in mind.
Meet the Tellabs leadership team that represents diverse areas of expertise, and who are committed to exceeding the expectations of our employees, partners and customers.
The Tellabs’ team is passionate in their pursuit of excellence in the office, their community and the greater industry.
Visit Tellabs’ online careers pages to see if there is a job opportunity that matches your ambitions. We offer excellent pay, benefits and career advancement possibilities.
Tellabs offer several easy options for contacting us. You can connect with us today via phone, email, online forms, or through social media channels.