It is great to see how our Enterprise and Broadband customers can take advantage of Passive Optical Network (PON) technologies and the Tellabs FlexSym® Optical Line Terminal Mini (FlexSym OLT-mini and FlexSym OLT-mini PLUS) product portfolio for outdoor, inside (cabinets, huts and buildings), long reach and small deployment design flexibilities.
- Small Deployments – The product family starts with the Tellabs FlexSym® Optical Interface Unit Two (FlexSym OIU2). This 2-port PON card can be either ITU-T 984 G-PON and ITU-T G.9807/G.987 XGS-PON symmetrical 10G technologies. This same card has four Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) ports that can be 1 gigabit or 10 gigabit Ethernet network uplinks.
- Long Reach – These products offer extended reach across a PON infrastructure that can stretch 20 to 30 kilometers. Connectivity can then be extended further with the integrated Ethernet uplinks (either 1 gigabit or 10 gigabit Ethernet) that can span another 40 kilometers and be daisy chained to cover even greater distances.
- Outdoor – This product portfolio offers extended temperature ranges -40 to +65 celsius and an option for a weather-tight hardened NEMA enclosure. This provides our customers with flexibility to install these products using pole and wall mounting choices in harsh, wet and dirty environments.
- Inside Cabinets, Huts and Buildings – The series also offers a rack or wall mount chassis option supporting up to five FlexSym OIU2 cards equipped with two PON ports each. PON cards can be added as needed and gives the confidence that the system can grow over time (up to ten PON ports) – a true pay-as-you-grow business model!
Clearly the OLT-mini, and OLT-mini PLUS, products satisfy a wide range of high demand vertical markets covered by our enterprise and network operator customers, including:
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Wholesale and Retail
- Energy and Utility
- Telecom Service Provider (Broadband Stimulus Projects)
They all can do this by leveraging these five key pieces of the OLT-mini product line:
- Tellabs FlexSym OIU2 – The FlexSym OIU2 is a 2-port PON service module that can be either G-PON or 10G XGS-PON. The OIU2 also provides four SFP+ 1G or 10G Ethernet interfaces.
- Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini – This is an outdoor, hardened and self-contained OLT. The FlexSym OLT-mini is equipped with two PON ports and four Ethernet ports that are sealed in a NEMA enclosure.
- Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini PLUS Rack – This is a rack mount shelf allowing modular addition of PON ports. Up to five FlexSym OIU2 cards (2-ports PON, 4-ports Ethernet) can be slotted into this shelf.
- Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini PLUS Wall – This is a wall mount shelf that offers modular addition of PON ports too. Again, multiple FlexSym OIU2 cards can be equipped into this chassis.
- Tellabs 1000 MSAP Channel Bank Assembly (CBA) – The Tellabs FlexSym OIU2 can be used in the Tellabs 1000 MSAP 26-slot CBA (DMAX broadband shelf).
To get additional information, we invite you to watch our 30-minute webcast on demand “Outdoor and Extended Reach Connectivity over Passive Optical LAN“ at your convenience and you can download the slides.