Infrastructure and Asset Protection
Tellabs Protect® is an infrastructure and asset protection solution for inside buildings and across campuses that leverages fiber cabling, Optical LAN and fiber sensors for strict cybersecurity.
A better way to protect your critical infrastructure and assets
Today’s infrastructure and asset protection solutions are largely ineffective and costly. Their weakness can be directly attributed to too much reliance on human interaction which often results in non-optimal reactive post-breach actions. Many critical facilities and assets rely on physical human inspections, which can be inaccurate and slow to detect breaches. For communications systems, the legacy security solutions are costly and use data encryption and hardened conduit.
Tellabs Protect® is an infrastructure and asset protection solutions that takes advantage of both alarmed fiber cabling and fiber optic sensors to determine potential threats to critical infrastructure. Centralized control is orchestrated by real-time 24/7/365 software-defined network management. This modern fiber and software-based solution is an alternative to legacy data encryption and hardened conduit systems.
This technology is proven across a wide range of network operator and enterprise markets. It can be used to protect infrastructure and assets inside buildings (e.g. data center, telecom rooms, cables, cages, doors, floors and cabinets) and outside buildings (e.g. perimeters, pathways, fences, enclosures and manholes).
- Provides real-time visibility into critical physical-layer security
- Eliminates daily physical inspection requirements
- Increases pass rate for mandatory security inspections
- Lowers cost versus data encryption and hardened conduit
- Protect assets 24/7/365 with automated monitoring
- Tellabs Optical LAN eliminates points of network vulnerability
Proactive infrastructure and asset protection across buildings and campuses.
Tellabs Protect® is infrastructure protection solutions that secures, alarms and monitors mission critical enterprise infrastructure in real-time. This fiber-based technology ensures scalable fortification of corporate resources, access, buildings and extended campus. It simplifies security operations with centralized software defined management of perimeter, pathways and assets.
Flexible Design with Alarmed Fiber and Sensors
This fiber optic solution provides real-time visibility into critical physical-layer security using alarmed fiber cabling and fiber optic sensor technology. It is a faster low-cost replacement of daily physical inspections by error prone humans. By leveraging alarmed fiber and sensors, it offers flexible design for protecting resources across many different infrastructure types.
Proven Technology Across All Verticals
Tellabs Protection solutions centralized software-based management for alarmed fiber and sensor technology has a large number of proven applications, such as:
- Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) alarmed protective distribution system
- Perimeter, pathway, and access monitoring (e.g. fence, cage, door, manhole)
- Data center, telecom rooms and enclosure protection (e.g. cage, door, floor, cabinet)
- Asset Management (e.g. contact sensors, RFID integration).