Tellabs FlexAir® combines the best wireless access points, cloud-based intelligent management, and our world renown Optical LAN for a simplified and unified enterprise network solution.
Tellabs FlexAir is a unified wireless and Optical LAN solution
The major IT and network challenges in today’s mobile-centric environment are how to design, deploy, maintain, and manage a secure, reliable, high-performance Wi-Fi network in a simple and cost-effective way. Making matters worse are the increasing security regulations for enterprise Wi-Fi deployments and how to track all guest, employee and administrator activities that can potentially be malicious. Adding additional difficulties for IT staff, both from a technical and financial standpoint, are how to keep pace with the ever-changing technology advancements.
Tellabs FlexAir delivers enterprise wireless Access Points (AP) and cloud-based controller with intelligent management, best network performance and strict security. Even better yet, it uses Passive Optical LAN’s industry leading bandwidth, reliability, security, operational efficiencies, while extending investment protection for our customers.
- Best Possible Investment Protection for WLAN and LAN future upgrades
- Reduce Network Attack Surface and Improved Zero Trust Architecture
- Optimal performance of Wired, Wireless, IoT & Smart Building devices
- Easy, Fast and Error Free Deployment, Configuration, and Operation
- IT Staff Experience Simplified Operations with the Unified Network
- Cloud-based controller plus enterprise APs exceed modern Wi-Fi demands.
Combined Wi-Fi and Optical LAN ensures superior operations, performance, and security within a future-proof network design
One common architecture speeds IT operations
By closely coupling Wi-Fi with OLAN, IT staff experience simplified operations with the unified network that is easier to operate together. Both systems offer software defined management to orchestrate the Wi-Fi (via cloud-based controller) and OLAN operations (via Tellabs® Panorama™ PON Manager). A common architecture allows for faster moves, adds and changes across both Wi-Fi and OLAN portions of the network. Best of all, Tellabs is the one trusted advisor offering a consistent escalation path for LAN and WLAN.
This is all possible with easy, fast and error free deployment, configuration, and operation with centralized management for APs and ONTs. The cloud-based Wi-Fi controller, and Panorama PON Manager, apply consistent and repeatable error free provision through software defined management environment as for the APs and ONTs leverage profiles and templates.
Improved network performance and user experience
The total system can be tuned for best possible network performance and user experience based on real-time over air, network health and LAN traffic management criteria. In particular, the OLAN flexible connectivity optimizes end-to-end bandwidth, QoS and security from end-devices all the way to the core. Tellabs product testing, solution interoperability testing and real-world deployments across wide range of industries, offers confidence in the optimal performance between wired, wireless, IoT and smart building devices.
On the Wi-Fi side of the network, better network performance and user experience is achieved with client filtering, airtime fairness, traffic priorities and access policies. Optical LAN provides the traffic management, bandwidth, QoS and security enforced across total network from connected device to the cloud.
Stricter network security across combined networks
By managing the Wi-Fi and OLAN systems together, IT staff can tightly manage network access control across end-to-end network. In this manner the security policies and procedures can be consistently administrated for both LAN and WLAN. This leads to reduces human touch, and human error, and directly improves network security.
The Wi-Fi APs, controller, and management, offers advanced security with rouge AP detection, station isolation, and layer-2 firewall, plus user access and network activity logging. Optical LAN then adds the greatest security improvement comes from its ability to reduces network vulnerability. That is, OLAN can eliminate 1000s of network vulnerabilities, reduced the enterprise attack surface and operates in a strict zero trust architecture.
Least disruptive path to future wireless generations
The truth is that a fiber-based LAN stands ready for next-gen bandwidth demands and accelerating growth in connectivity density. Fiber cabling has no known bandwidth limitation and Optical LAN offers the most graceful migration from gigabit to 10 gig to 40 gig and beyond. Ultimately, a customers’ investment is protected as the WLAN and LAN future upgrades can be accomplished at a less capital expense, lower on-going operational costs and with the least disruption to business activities.
The open architecture of the Wi-Fi makes it possible to accept multivendor APs via Telecom Infra Project (TIP) OpenWiFi 2.0. This TIP OpenWiFi 2.0 initiative allows for an easier transition to Wi-Fi 7 and beyond. Finally, by designing the ONTs near APs with multi-rate Ethernet, the initial installation and future migration costs are minimized, plus fiber cabling unlimited bandwidth, and OLAN multiwavelength support, further protects customers’ infrastructure investments.
Targeting indoor and outdoor business Wi-Fi needs
FlexAir offers an integrated solution for challenging Wi-Fi environments using APs from industry-leading manufacturers. These APs exceed modern Wi-Fi demands for open mesh, IoT integration, and open roaming. It also includes social media insights (e.g. login, demographics), multi-factor email authentication, SSID-based customized captive portal for data collection and flexible integration with on-demand Application Programming Interface (API).
- Indoor 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 AP – This AP is an inside enterprise-grade, concurrent dual-band Wi-Fi 6 indoor access point. It supports 2×2:2 uplink and downlink MU-MIMO between the AP and multiple clients, with up to 1.7Gbps aggregated data rate.
- Indoor Wall-Plate 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 AP – This wall-plate style AP is enterprise-grade, concurrent dual-band Wi-Fi 6 indoor access point. It supports 2×2:2 uplink and downlink MU-MIMO between the AP and multiple clients, with up to 3Gbps aggregated data rate. It is equipped with one GbE WAN port and four GbE LAN ports. It also supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio and ZigBee.
- Indoor 4×4 Wi-Fi 6 AP – This AP is an inside enterprise-grade, concurrent dual-band Wi-Fi 6 indoor access point. It supports 4×4:4 uplink and down link MU-MIMO between the AP and multiple clients, with up to 2.9 Gbps aggregated data rate.
- Outdoor 2×2 Wi-Fi 5 AP – This AP is an outdoor enterprise-grade, concurrent dual-band 802.11ac wave 2 outdoor access point designed specifically for harsh weather conditions. It supports 2×2:2 uplink and downlink MU-MIMO between the AP and multiple clients, with up to 1.3 Gbps aggregated data rate.
- Indoor/Outdoor 4×4 Wi-Fi 5 AP – This AP is a concurrent dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 indoor/outdoor access point. Featuring dual 4×4 Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) radios, it can simultaneously support up to 800 Mbps and 1.73 Gbps data rates for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Cloud-Based Controller – This cloud-based controller simplifies the task of device deployment, management and monitoring of a Wi-Fi network at a single building, across a large campus or multiple properties in different geographical locations. It provides scalable management for enterprise customers to grow their Wi-Fi network after initial deployment. Furthermore, it allows customers to create multiple administrator accounts with differentiated privileges for strict network access controls.
Looking for more information?
If you still need additional details, and even greater technical explanation, then click on the “Download Overview” button below to access our comprehensive FlexAir solution overview that covers both the Wi-Fi and Optical LAN side of the equation.
Corporate news releases recognizing significant achievements of Tellabs operations, products, solutions and customers.
Hear directly from our customers about their successful installations, quantifiable benefits and sincere testimonials.
Up-coming conferences, seminars and webinars where Tellabs products, solutions and people will be actively participating.
Blogs & Articles
Read these short, and regularly updated, opinion pieces covering contemporary industry and technology topics.
Download our non-vendor specific overviews meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
Media to educate and advocate our products, technologies or services, and offer direct insight into our customer references and user case studies.
Passive Optical Networking
Tellabs Optical LAN is a true enterprise centric solution that offers a better means of designing and operating networks inside buildings and across extended campuses.
Tellabs 1000 MSAP (aka T1000, DMAX, AFC, UMC) is the industry’s only Broadband Digital Loop Carrier platform that converges legacy copper and modern fiber connectivity.
Technical Assistance Center
Address your questions and challenges quickly with our award winning TAC. Flexible support options to meet your needs.
From small projects to migrations to full turn key services, Tellabs is here to help.
Preparation is the key to success. Get your team ready to plan, deploy and manage your Tellabs Network. Check our our Training Curriculum today!
You worked hard in Training, now it’s time to show your new credentials off to the World through our Digital Credentialing Program!
Become a Partner
The Tellabs Advantage Partner Program is designed to offer our partners exceptional opportunities to grow your business, increase revenue and gain unique solution differentiation.
Find a Partner
For our end-customers, our Tellabs Advantage Partner Program offer best-in-breed services that match specific vertical markets and geographical regions with the end-customers exact needs in mind.
Meet the Tellabs leadership team that represents diverse areas of expertise, and who are committed to exceeding the expectations of our employees, partners and customers.
The Tellabs’ team is passionate in their pursuit of excellence in the office, their community and the greater industry.
Visit Tellabs’ online careers pages to see if there is a job opportunity that matches your ambitions. We offer excellent pay, benefits and career advancement possibilities.
Tellabs offer several easy options for contacting us. You can connect with us today via phone, email, online forms, or through social media channels.