Today we announced in a North American news release the general availability of our latest Software Release 30.0 (SR30.0) shipping to our global Passive Optical LAN customers and partners. SR30.0 is the “must-have” software version as it delivers contemporary enhancements to the Tellabs™ Panorama™ PON Manager that directly advances network automation, improving network agility, reliability and security while reducing operating costs.
We know that LAN security breaches and network outages are overwhelmingly caused by human errors, network changes and escalating IT complexities. Therefore, Tellabs Optical LAN’s centralized intelligence and management helps IT staff manage LAN resources in a simple, smart, stable, secure and scalable manner. The new SR30.0 expedites global profile management, which helps IT pros configure and navigate between profiles more easily. It delivers software defined networking technologies that allow LAN resources (e.g. bandwidth, QoS, services, power management, user management, security) to be defined in software and dynamically allocated based on real time requirements.
Key features and functionality within SR30.0 and the new Tellabs Panorama PON Manager include:
- Global profiles that capture consistent and repeatable configurations. These global profiles establish the LAN policies and procedures that directly improve network agility, reliability, security and operational efficiencies.
- Easy-to-configure user management for strict network access control, giving customers the ability to create and edit roles and privileges based on corporate security policies.
- Quick view of Ethernet uplink interfaces with an optimized display layout of the uplink properties, reducing clicks and speeding operations.
- All PON, Ethernet, data, video and voice ports are collected into the common view, and their status is now displayed in a tabular view for quick summary.
- Fast access to forwarding database and advanced VLAN properties for visibility into the subtended devices (e.g. WAPs, VoIP handsets and IP cameras).