Register for this webinar and you will learn how the Tellabs® FlexSym™ Series Optical LAN solution delivers unique flexibility to optimize your 10-gigabit connectivity inside buildings and across a campus.
Right-size 10G connectivity with Tellabs FlexSym Series Optical LAN
Traditional Ethernet switches, and copper cabling, life expectancy has historically been 5-7 years. Even more alarming is how fast wireless technologies are changing at a 3-5 years pace. At each one of these upgrades, the switch and cable manufacturers expected you to rip-and-replace your hardware and infrastructure. Now, not only is moving forward with 10 gigabit connectivity introducing the same disruption, but the new 10G is going to occupy greater space, consume extra energy, emit additional thermals, noise, and radiation – and, cost more money. Unfortunately, this cycle will repeat itself when 40G and 100G connectivity is needed. And, during this time these same traditional switch, and cable, venders are complicating matters by raising network complexity, day-1 capital cost and year-over-year operational expenses.
So, how can you better align space, energy, heat, noise, radiation, and costs with your true bandwidth requirements?
You can take advantage of the Tellabs FlexSym Series Optical LAN solution to gain unique choices that can optimize your 10-gigabit connectivity:
- OLT ports either G-PON or 10G XGS-PON via SFPs – with 40G NG-PON future!
- Optical distribution network split ratio can be designed up to 64-wide split
- OLAN over singlemode and multimode fiber cabling choices are available
- Optional single or dual feed Type-B PON protection improves network up-time
- ONTs can be G-PON, or 10G XGS-PON, and closet-based, or deep fiber placement
- G-PON ONTs stay, and add new 10G ONTs (bi-directional encryption) strategically
- ONT Virtualized Ethernet Port Extension is multi-rate 1G, 2.5G, 5G or 10G via SFPs
Register now to join this informative webinar.