By talking with Tellabs subject matter experts, you can learn why Passive Optical Networks (PON) has the distinction of being one of the “technologies offering promise to US Department of Defense” in the recently published DoD Digital Modernization Strategy Plan for FY19-23.
The Digital Modernization Strategy Plan specifically mentions the benefits of PON for the DoD to include:
- Lower network operational and maintenance costs
- Lower infrastructure costs
- Large bundles of copper cable are replaced with small, single mode optical fiber cable
- PON provides increased distance between data center and desktop (>20 kilometers)
- Fiber is more secure than copper; it is harder to tap
If you’d like more information about Tellabs Optical LAN, you can visit our website, and our social media outlets at Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, for other exciting announcements.