Broadband connectivity is essential now more than ever to battle our nation’s Digital Divide problem.
Existing Multi-Service Access Platforms (MSAPs) have significant embedded bases that can play a critical role in closing these broadband service gaps in metropolitan, suburban, exurban and rural areas.
These MSAP systems already connect millions of homes and businesses across the USA. Consequently, many Service Providers can upgrade and expand existing MSAP systems to deliver 100M/20M, 50M/5M, and 25M/3M, Internet connectivity. These existing MSAPs are an ideal platform for both large and small network operators participating in Connect America Fund and Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) broadband stimulus programs.
Here are the 5 steps a broadband service provider can take to better serve the underserved and unserved in an economical, timely and efficient manner.
- Identify which MSAP systems can reach the underserved and unserved customers.
- Upgrade and expand these existing, and already operationalized MSAP systems with xDSL.
- Expand bandwidth capacity of MSAP systems and shelves using gigabit Ethernet.
- Aggregate gigabit Ethernet ports to 10 gigabit Ethernet and wave division multiplexing transport.
- Hire qualified professional services to assist to supplement your internal resources.
You can read the complete article from ISE Magazine by clicking right here.