Optical LAN Network Planning & Design
|Location:||Public, Private, Virtual Delivery|
|Class Size:||4-40 students|
|Target Audience:||Network Operations|
This instructor-led course provides knowledge and skills needed to plan and design a network for a Tellabs Optical LAN system. This class focuses on the job of network engineering. Using the latest Tellabs product catalog, participants will learn how to design a functional and efficient Tellabs Optical LAN deployment.
This course includes an in-depth introduction to the Tellabs Optical LAN system. Participants need not have a background in Optical LAN in order to benefit from this training.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the standards and codes that apply to Optical LAN installations.
- Understand the link communication requirements of the Optical LAN network
- Prescribe the proper Optical LAN equipment that meets the needs of the customer
- Prescribe the proper fiber optic and power plant for the given communications equipment.
- Generate the appropriate documentation for the planned installation.
Layer One Design Considerations
- Procedure Outline
- Determining the Optical LAN Solution
- Fiber Optic Cabling Options
- Optical LAN Link Budgets
- ONT Mounting Options
- Special Design Considerations
- Best Practices for Optical LAN Design
- Determining Optical LAN Fiber Needs
- Remote Powering
- OLT Equipment Planning
- Power, Grounding, and Racking
- EMS and Management
- Provisioning Planning