Optical LAN Operations, Provisioning & Maintenance
|Location:||Public, Public (Off-site), Private, Private (Customer Site), Virtual Delivery|
|Class Size:||4-8 students|
|Target Audience:||Maintenance, Network Operations, Technical Support|
This instructor-led course provides knowledge and skills needed to operate, provision, and maintain a Tellabs Optical LAN system. This class is specifically designed to support onsite network services and NOC employees.
After an introduction to the Tellabs Optical LAN system and hardware functionality, students will learn how to provision the system to provide the services and applications supported by the Tellabs Optical LAN system. Students will also learn tools and procedures for monitoring and maintaining the system.
This course includes hands-on activities using a Tellabs training lab equipment. It is designed to help students learn the concepts that have been presented and reinforce what they have learned.
Basic knowledge in Ethernet switching and routing; including VLAN concepts, IP/subnetting, basic QoS knowledge and the basic concepts of port security.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the features and functionality of the Tellabs Optical LAN Access Solution
- Describe the network functionality of the Tellabs Optical LAN Access Solution
- Describe the common equipment associated with the Tellabs Optical LAN Access Solution series of equipment
- Perform provisioning procedures for the Tellabs Optical LAN voice and data services
- Perform equipment management and monitoring procedures
- Perform trouble clearing procedures of common problems
- Navigate the Panorama PON Network Manager
- Add and configure the Network Element
- Configure links, ONTs, and Ports
- Panorama Overview
- NE Management
- Create Customer Services
- Data Service Creation
- CLI Commands for Provisioning
- Manage System Alarms and Status
- Perform OLT Field Maintenance
- Perform Maintenance Procedures
- Using the Alarms and Events View
- Using the Troubleshooting, Test, and Maintenance User’s Guide
- Line Status
- Tellabs Optical LAN Craft Interface
- EMS Maintenance
- Creating Reports