Park Place on Peachtree is a 40-story luxury condominium complex in northwest Atlanta. The condominium Home Owners Association (HOA) modernized their communications infrastructure to Passive Optical LAN to achieve three main goals on Day-1. However, what is most interesting is the other three equally impressive benefits that will continue to pay dividends year over year.
Park Place HOA’s initial goals that were met the day that Tellabs Optical LAN was installed were:
- Enhance the property value in a competitive real estate market by offering fiber-based connectivity
- Converge multiple services onto a single fiber, thereby eliminating expense of multiple networks
- Simplify the network cabling and equipment install, thus reducing initial capital costs
Now, they are enjoying three more operational benefits that you will find interesting and that we elaborate on in our Park Place case study:
- Eliminated 4 telecom rooms, which means less on-going energy usage from UPS, A/C, and ventilation
- Strengthened security by minimizing the number of technicians who enter the building every day
- Centralized all network intelligence and management functions, allowing technicians to do daily moves, adds, and changes much faster, more easily, and error free.
Our customers enjoy the day-1 capital savings, but it’s those operational savings that add up every day, every week, and every year that really impact the 10-year total cost of ownership and drive large financial separation between Passive Optical LAN and legacy copper-based LANs.