Expansion Bank Control 3+ (EBC-3+)
The Expansion Bank Control 3+ (EBC-3+) card resides in the CPU slot(s) in the CBA expansion shelf, providing the interface to the system for all cards in the expansion shelf. The EBC-3+ card manages the expansion shelf’s ATM, Ethernet and TDM backplanes, distributes system commands, and monitors the performance of each installed card. Use two EBC-3+ cards in the expansion shelf for redundancy. The EBC-3+ accesses the ATM cell bus on the expansion shelf backplane to enable broadband services. An expansion shelf is considered broadband-ready when it houses an EBC-3+ card connected to an ELU-3+ card located in the primary shelf.
- Enables simple system expansion and control for expansion shelves
- Supports transport of ATM, Ethernet and TDM traffic between shelves
- Interfaces to an ELU-3+ plug-in card in a primary shelf
- Generates status updates to the CPU via the ELU plug-in card
- CRC protection on the expansion link
- Dual memory support for non-service affecting programming
- Receives DDS timing from the primary shelf
- Ability to derive timing reference from expansion shelf and transport it to primary shelf via the ELU plug-in card
Grow the Tellabs Multi-Service Access Platform (MSAP) with multiple expansion shelves over time while supporting ATM, Ethernet and TDM connectivity. The primary shelf can support up to seven broadband expansion shelves.
Install a minimum of one EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards plug-in card in the expansion shelf and primary shelf . For redundancy, install an additional EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards for high network availability configurations.
The EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards link via a fiber-optic connection. The expansion bank fibers (EBFs) transport the TDM and ATM data on separate multimode plastic fiber pairs that terminate directly to the EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards. The EBF fiber connection carrying ATM traffic between the ELU-3 and the EBC-3 operates at 155 Mbps to ensure full, non-blocking access to the transmission facility regardless of the plug-in card types used in the expansion shelf.
The EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards link via a fiber-optic connection. The expansion bank fibers (EBFs) transport the TDM and ATM data on separate multimode plastic fiber pairs that terminate directly to the EBC-3+ and ELU-3 cards. The EBF fiber connection carrying ATM traffic between the ELU-3 and the EBC-3+ operates at 155 Mbps to ensure full, non-blocking access to the transmission facility regardless of the plug-in card types used in the expansion shelf.
- Height: 5.125 in (13.018 cm)
- Width: 0.563 in (1.429 cm)
- Depth: 10.5 in (26.67 cm)
- Weight: 0.5 lb (0.23 kg)
- Transmission rate: 155 Mbps (ATM) + 49.125 Mbps (TDM)
- Transmitter: LED
- Receiver: PIN Photodiode
- Coding: NRZI
- Fiber type: Multimode plastic
- Connector type: HP “Versa-Link”
- Maximum power consumption: 5.45 W
- Typical power consumption: 5.0 W
- Temperature: -40° to +149° F (-40° to +65° C)
- Relative Humidity: 5–95% noncondensing
- Altitude: Up to 10,000 feet
- Jitter tolerance: T-1/E-1 1.2/88-OMR, ANSI
- Office composite clock: TA-TSY-000378 Telcordia (Bellcore)
- Synchronization: TA-NPL-000436 Telcordia (Bellcore)
- FAIL (red)
- ACTV (green)
- SYNC (green)
- Craft User Interface (CUI)
- Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS)
- Minimum base software FP16 and higher
- Supported in Tellabs 1000 CBA
- EBC-3+: 0101-0069