High-Density Channel Bank Assembly (HD-CBA)
Part of the Tellabs 1000 Multi-service Access Platforms (MSAP) solution, providing local loop voice, data and broadband DSL solutions. The Tellabs 1000 High-Density Channel Bank Assembly (HD-CBA) provides for a 480-line CBA designed to deliver cost effective, high-density services. Compatible with current and future public switched network (PSTN) infrastructures, the Tellabs 1000 HD-CBA will significantly lower the cost of large line size deployments with fewer common controls required and fewer CBAs per terminal. The HD-CBA expands service density beyond traditional DLCs because it has a broadband backplane that is capable of providing over 100 Gbps to support emerging services such as Data, Video, Packetized voice, and other Broadband services.
- Enables 24 lines per card in 20 general purpose HD slots
- Smaller footprint for voice and broadband in CO and RSTs
- TDM or ATM concentration over any existing transport
- Alarm contact closure wire-wrap posts
- System timing inputs using wire-wrap posts
- On-board craft interface port with A/B switch for modem interface
- Full EMS control integrates existing access networks
- Enhanced power capacity and thermal dissipation
High Density Capacity
The HD-CBA has two Expansion Bank Control (EBC) slots, two High Density Remote Power Supply Unit (HD R-PSU) slots, 20 general-purpose slots, and 2 slots for future services. All HD-CBAs ship ready to fit projected from a 19-inch rack. The mounting brackets are changable for flush and 23-inch mounting. The HD-CBA has enhanced thermal properties and expanded vents to accommodate forced air convection.
Mounting and Installation
The HD-CBA kit includes an air deflector. It has an RS-232 Craft Interface connection and an Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) jack on the front of the HD-CBA. Access the order wire interface from the alarm contact pin field (C2, D2). Optional blank slot filler cards are available for EMI sensitive applications and to insure proper airflow through the frame.
Tellabs 1000 MSAP Integration
The unique, open and flexible architecture of the Tellabs 1000 MSAP system delivers economical service capabilities over a broad range of line sizes. Two terminal elements comprise the Tellabs 1000 MSAP architecture: the Local Exchange Terminal (LET) and the Remote Subscriber Terminal (RST). The HD-CBA functions as an expansion CBA in both the LET and RST and is supported by one primary Tellabs 1000 shelf. Up to four expansion HD-CBAs may be used per Tellabs 1000 terminal. Using various configurations of these two elements, the Tellabs 1000 delivers POTS, data, and enhanced telephone services over any transport including fiber, T1, and analog (radio) transport media.
The HD-CBA can be provisioned and monitored using Tellabs' Craft Interface, a menu-driven software provisioning system accessible from any LET, RST, or remote Telnet session. And to further simplify provisioning and monitoring, service providers can use Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS), our end-to-end network management system. Tellabs Panorama utilizes graphical user interfaces coupled with powerful databases to quickly and easily perform provisioning and monitoring for an entire network.
- Mounting 19 or 23 in rack (with extension adapter brackets)
- 2 EBC/EBC-3 slots, 2 HD R-PSU slots, 20 general-purpose slots, and 2 slots for future services
- Minimum base software FP16 and higher
- Craft User Interface (CUI)
- Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS)
- NEBS Level 3 Compliant
- Relative humidity 5%â€œ95% noncondensing
- Temperature -40Â°C to +65Â°C (-40Â°F to +149Â°F)
- 340 watts
- Height: 12.25 in. (31.1 cm.)
- Width: 19.0 in. (48.3 cm)
- Depth: 12.0 in (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Cold rolled steel - Zinc plated per ASTM-B633 Type II (Gold) SC2