The Tellabs IP-POTS (IP-POTS) VoIP plug-in card provides six (6) ports of traditional analog POTS service, with all CLASS POTS services supported, and provides the VoIP functionality that converts TDM to VoIP. The Tellabs 1000 Multiservice Access Platform (MSAP) is a proven network element that enables the elimination of TDM hosts and remote switches. The Tellabs 1000 IP-POTS card uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for signaling to support the same functionality as traditional analog POTS, eliminating the need for TDM switch terminations. Thus, service providers can cost-effectively transition all existing TDM POTS lines to VoIP and retire their TDM switches.
- Six (6) ports of traditional analog POTS circuits
- Installs into any Tellabs 1000 MSAP broadband DMAX shelf
- Any transport card can be used for the host-remote link
- GbE222 card in uplink mode, supports up to 10,000 IP sessions
- Up to 132 POTS lines per shelf (22 IP-POTS cards per shelf)
- Up to 912 lines per bay (132 lines/shelf times 7 expansion shelves)
Eases the network transformation from TDM/Analog based services to IP services, and provides deployment flexibility, and scalability down to the slot level.
Minimizes internal deployment requirement, and project management impact, while leveraging embedded, approved and operationalized equipment.
Lessens building footprint requirements providing options to reuse real estate space for other revenue generating purposes.
Compared to out-dated TDM switches, this contemporary solution lowers power usage, and delivers better reliability, with optimized modern componentry.
Transition all existing TDM POTS lines to VoIP, and retire TDM switches, thus reduce day-1 CapEX, and year-over-year OpEx, and avoid expensive 3rd party media gateway equipment.
Supports both broadband, and narrowband services, without sacrificing revenue, and in many cases, this solution can help increase revenue.
- Six (6) 2-wire circuits
- Relative Humidity: 5-95% noncondensing
- Temperature: -40° to +149° F (-40° to +65° C)
- Height: 5.125 in (13.018 cm)
- Typical power consumption: TBD
- Maximum power consumption: TBD
- Full class service support (including CWMI)
- RTP (RFC3550/3551)
- SDP (RFC-2327)
- SIP (RFC-3261)
- Various CLASS services (FSK)
- Echo cancelling, VAD and CNG
- DTMF dialing
- Balanced ring at 55 V RMS
- Five (5) REN load
- T.38/T.30 fax
- G.711 for fax, modem connection and TTY devices
- Six (6) 2-wire circuits per unit
- On-hook transmission (CLASS) capability
- Forward disconnect
- 900 Ohm local exchange impedance
- 1830 Ohm maximum DC supervision range
- Transient protection for outdoor bridging
- Loop testing support including MLT
Alarm / Monitor / Test
- GR909 Drop Testing and Draw
- Break Dial Tone in TDM or VoIP
- FAIL (Red)
- BUSY (Green)
- VOIP (Amber, Green)
- Craft User Interface (CUI)
- Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS) release 12.0 and higher
- Minimum base software FP18 and higher
- Supported in any broadband DMAX Tellabs 1000 CBA
- Part Number: 0110-0285