LET Power Supply Unit (L-PSU)
The Tellabs 1000 LET Power Supply Unit (L-PSU) plug-in card converts the -48 V local exchange battery input into Â±5 V and -32 V required by the common control equipment and line cards in the Tellabs 1000 MSA series Local Exchange Terminal (LET). The L-PSU uses a DC-to-DC switching converter for high efficiency and low thermal dissipation. Only one L-PSU is required to power each Tellabs 1000 MSAP Series LET shelf, however, a card slot is provided for a redundant L-PSU. The L-PSU features two GMT fuses for redundant source coordination. The first fuse protects the DC-DC converter and the second fuse protects the -48 V DC output.
- High-efficiency switching DC-DC converter
- Reverse input polarity protection
- Output over-voltage and over-current shutdown
- Low output voltage alarm
- Low thermal dissipation
Only one L-PSU is required to power an RST shelf; however, a card slot is provided for an additional redundant R-PSU. And the R-PSU features input fusing for redundant source coordination
The L-PSU uses a DC-to-DC switching converter for high-efficiency power generation in a compact form factor.
The L-PSU uses a DC-to-DC switching converter for high efficiency and low thermal dissipation to minimize the impact on the surroundings.
- Height: 5.125 in (13.018 cm)
- Width: 1.0 in (2.54 cm)
- Depth: 10.5 in (26.67 cm)
- Weight: 1.0 lb (0.45 kg)
- The L-PSU features two GMT fuses for redundant source coordination
- The first fuse protects the DC-DC converter
- The second fuse protects the -48 V DC output
Alarm / Monitor / Test
- The unit also provides alarm and status indications to the CPU.
- Test jacks on the front panel can be used to monitor the system voltages.
- Temperature: -40° to +149° F (-40° to +65° C)
- Relative Humidity: 5-95% non-condensing
- Altitude: Up to 10,000 feet
- DC-DC Converter Input: -40 V DC to -56.5 V DC
- DC-DC Converter Output: +5.15 V DC Â± 1.5%, -5.15 V DC ± 10.0%, -32.0 V DC ± 10%, -39 V DC to -56.5 V DC
- Low voltage disconnect: -38 V DC
- Output Regulation: ± 5.15 V DC, < 1.5% load, < 1.5% line, < 0.20% per specified temp range
- Ripple and Noise: ± 5 V DC, 1.0% peak-to-peak, -32 V DC @ 100 mV peak-to-peak
- Output Current: +5 V DC 15 A, -5 V DC 2 A, -32 V DC 3 A, -48 V DC, 2 A
- Total available output power: 150 W
- Isolation internal converter: 500 V input to output
- Isolation output ground: Referenced to positive battery input
- ACTV (green)
- FUSE (red)
- FAIL (red)
- Craft User Interface (CUI)
- Tellabs Panorama Element Management System (EMS)
- Minimum base software FP16 and higher
- Supported in Tellabs 1000 CBA
- L-PSU: 0101-0078