Tellabs 1000 MSAP, and the Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini, can optimize your broadband stimulus projects by minimize cost of entry, by investing only when needed, and thus optimize project returns.
Satisfy more broadband initiative targets with less money, resources and time
Our nation continues to struggle to provide uniform access to high-speed broadband services across different regions and social economic classes. From the Connect America Fund (CAF) to the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF), and now the American Rescue Plan Act 2021, plus the American Jobs Plan 2021 proposal (still being debated in Congress), we continue to aspire to close the digital divide. Up until now, prudent business decisions have driven service providers to use government broadband funding to subsidize the cost of building new access network infrastructure in their more populated, more affluent, and less rural, serving areas. Thus, the remaining under-served and unserved areas (census block areas) that need to be addressed are even more challenging (i.e. smaller, rural, 25M/3M, 50M/5M, higher construction cost, lower homes passed projections).
The Tellabs 1000 MSAP (aka T1000, DMAX, AFC, UMC) helps service providers tackle these more difficult serving areas with a strategy that uses your Tellabs 1000 MSAP embedded base. This can be done easily by upgrading and expanding the existing Tellabs broadband systems to provide 25M/3M, 50/5 and in some cases 100/20 service. We can do this at a lower cost, and faster time to market than a plan that does not include the Tellabs 1000 for the Connect America Fund, and Rural Digital Opportunity Fund, strategies.
For build-outs that are targeting 100M/20M and 1G/500M high speed internet connectivity to residents, businesses and community anchors (e.g. libraries, hospitals, civic centers), a Passive Optical LAN design can be considered that uses the Tellabs FlexSym® Optical Line Terminal Mini (OLT-mini). The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini provides a small form-factor OLT supporting either GPON or symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON. The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini weathertight case, passive cooling and extended operating temperature range means that it is ideal for both indoor and outdoor connectivity. All of these features optimize the OLT-mini for difficult connectivity challenges of sprawling distances, harsh environments and extended temperature ranges.
- Use Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini for 100M/20M and 1G/500m targets
- Use existing T1000 sites and/or extend and expand systems in targets
- Satisfy underserved/unserved targets with less money, resources and time
- Upgrade to 25M/3M or 50M/5M or 100M/20M with lowest costs
- Win more competitive reverse auction bids by using T1000 embedded base
- Sustain, expand and evolve the existing installed base
A 5-Step Broadband Strategy for Connecting the Underserved and the Unserved
- Identify which Tellabs 1000 systems can reach the underserved and unserved customers. These system may have 22 card slot T1000 “DMAX” chassis or a smaller 10 card slot T1048 chassis.
- Once located, you can easily upgrade and expand these existing, and already operationalized, Tellabs 1000 systems in the most economical means possible. Simply add VDSL2 6+6 plug-in cards to a broadband-ready chassis.
- Additionally, you can enhance the performance of those chassis, and maximize their transport capacity, by installing the Gigabit Ethernet (GbE222) plug-in card into the same shelf as the xDSL service cards.
- Where a service provider chooses to optimize the outside fiber plant or aggregate gigabit Ethernet ports, you can install the new 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE226) plug-in card to transport all the broadband traffic from multiple GbE222 cards, enabling the highest possible DSL speeds over the Tellabs 1000 platform.
- Best yet, Tellabs professional services can assist with your broadband upgrade projects to ensure success. Our professional services can supplement your internal resources to plan, build and operate these access networks.
Again, for broadband stimulus projects targeting 100M/20M and 1G/500M connectivity to residents, businesses and community anchors, an Optical LAN design that uses the Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini should be considered. The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini provides a small form-factor OLT supporting either GPON or symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON. The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini weathertight case, passive cooling and extended temperature range means that it is ideal for both indoor and outdoor connectivity. All of these features optimize the OLT-mini for difficult connectivity challenges of sprawling distances, harsh environments and extended temperature ranges.