Tellabs 1000 MSAP, and the Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini, can optimize your broadband stimulus projects by minimize cost of entry, by investing only when needed, and thus optimize project returns.
Satisfy more broadband initiative targets with less money, resources and time
Our nation continues to struggle to provide uniform access to high-speed broadband services across different regions and social economic classes. From the Connect America Fund (CAF) to the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF), and now the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), plus Broadband Equity, Access and Deployment (BEAD) program, we continue to aspire to close the digital divide.
The Tellabs 1000 MSAP (aka T1000, DMAX, AFC, UMC) helps service providers tackle these more difficult serving areas with a strategy that uses your Tellabs 1000 MSAP embedded base. This can be done easily by upgrading and expanding the existing Tellabs broadband systems to provide 25M/3M, 50/5 and in some cases 100/20 service. We can do this at a lower cost, and faster time to market than a plan that does not include the Tellabs 1000 for broadband stimulus projects.
For build-outs that are targeting 100M/20M and 1G/500M high speed connectivity to residents, businesses and community anchors (e.g. libraries, hospitals, civic centers), a Passive Optical Networking design can be considered that uses the Tellabs FlexSym® Optical Line Terminal Mini (OLT-mini). The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini provides a small form-factor OLT supporting either GPON or symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON. The FlexSym OLT-mini is ideal for difficult connectivity challenges of sprawling distances found in rural, underserved and unserved areas.
- Use Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini for 100M/20M and 1G/500m targets
- Use existing T1000 sites and/or extend and expand systems in targets
- Satisfy underserved/unserved targets with less money, resources and time
- Upgrade to 25M/3M or 50M/5M or 100M/20M with lowest costs
- Win more competitive reverse auction bids by using T1000 embedded base
- Sustain, expand and evolve the existing installed base
Strategies for Connecting the Underserved and the Unserved
Tellabs 1000 MSAP xDSL Choices
The Tellabs 1000 MSAP embedded base can play a critical role in closing these gaps in metropolitan and rural areas. Tellabs broadband technologies already connect millions of homes and businesses across the USA. Consequently, Service Providers have the opportunity to upgrade and expand existing Tellabs broadband systems to deliver 100M/20M, 50M/5M and 25M/3M internet connectivity. The Tellabs 1000 MSAP is an ideal platform for large and small network operators participating in CAF, RDOF, IIJA, BEAD and state broadband programs.
- Identify which Tellabs 1000 systems can reach the underserved and unserved customers. These system may have 22 card slot T1000 “DMAX” chassis or a smaller 10 card slot T1048 chassis.
- Once located, you can easily upgrade and expand these existing, and already operationalized, systems in the most economical means possible by simply adding VDSL2 6+6 plug-in cards.
- Additionally, you can enhance the performance of those chassis, and maximize their transport capacity, by installing the Gigabit Ethernet (GbE222) plug-in card into the same shelf as the xDSL service cards.
- Where a service provider chooses to optimize the outside fiber plant or aggregate gigabit Ethernet ports, you can install the 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE226) cards to transport traffic from multiple GbE222 cards, enabling the best throughput performance.
- Best yet, Tellabs professional services can assist with your broadband upgrade projects to ensure success. Our professional services can supplement your internal resources to plan, build and operate these networks.
Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini PON Options
For broadband stimulus projects targeting 100M/20M and 1G/500M connectivity to residents, businesses and community anchors, a Passive Optical Networking (PON) design that uses the Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini should be considered.
The Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini provides a small form-factor OLT supporting either GPON or symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON. There are four SFP+ 1G or 10G Ethernet interfaces for the network connectivity. The FlexSym OLT-mini has multiple mounting choices including weathertight enclosure, rack and wall mount options.
Tellabs FlexSym OIU2 – The FlexSym OIU2 is a 2-port PON service module that can be either G-PON or 10G XGS-PON. The OIU2 also provides four SFP+ 1G or 10G Ethernet interfaces.
Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini – This is an outdoor, hardened and self-contained OLT. The FlexSym OLT-mini is equipped with two PON ports and four Ethernet ports that are sealed in a NEMA enclosure.
Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini PLUS Rack – This is a rack mount shelf allowing modular addition of PON ports. Up to five FlexSym OIU2 cards (2-ports PON, 4-ports Ethernet) can be slotted into this shelf.
Tellabs FlexSym OLT-mini PLUS Wall – This is a wall mount shelf that offers modular addition of PON ports too. Again, multiple FlexSym OIU2 cards can be equipped into this chassis.
All of these features optimize the OLT-mini for difficult connectivity challenges of sprawling distances, harsh environments and extended temperature ranges.
Looking for more information?
If you still need additional details, and even greater technical explanation, then click on the “Download Overview” button below to access our comprehensive broadband solution overview.