Tellabs® FlexSym™ Series offers the first symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON enterprise focused solution with flexibility to support both 10G PON and G-PON simultaneously.
Dallas, Texas: Tellabs, the leading provider of Passive Optical LAN (POL) solutions, announces the launch of Tellabs® FlexSym™ Series, a symmetrical 10 gigabit XGS-PON solution that provides significantly more flexibility to design an enterprise Local Area Network (LAN) for both commercial and federal government customers. The Tellabs FlexSym solution provides the unique ability to serve both 10G and G-PON on the same system, and even on the same PON service card, providing infinite options and a graceful migration to future higher speed network needs.
With the Tellabs Optical LAN (OLAN) solution, IT professionals, architects, consultants and engineers now have the tools to build enterprise LANs flexibly to support current network speed requirements and scale up to 10 gigabits of symmetrical connectivity. FlexSym allows LANs to be more efficiently designed by minimizing IT infrastructure footprint, power and costs compared to legacy copper-based networks. Tellabs FlexSym offers improved flexibility in LAN architecture and a graceful migration to future network demands by providing the following benefits:
- Ability to select XFP-based symmetric 10G XGS-PON and 2.5G G-PON at OLT
- Freedom to choose where G-PON ONTs and XGS-PON ONTs are truly needed
- Mount ONTs in telecom closets and extend ONTs deep inside and outside buildings
- Flexibility to extend 1G, 2.5G, 5G and 10G Ethernet speeds from the ONTs
- Providing options to utilize optical splitters for both singlemode and multimode fiber cabling
- Built-in reserve systemwide capacity to grow network density and speeds as IoT grows
- Providing centralized management with software defined LAN functionality today
- Enables a path to 40 gigabit NG-PON2 for the future
“The truth is, 10 gigabit connectivity consumes more space, energy and costs, and only a fraction of users and devices truly need 10G speeds. Tellabs FlexSym Series empowers our customers to more efficiently match their LAN design with current user needs while better positioning themselves for future network and bandwidth growth,” said Jim Norrod, Tellabs President and CEO. “It gives our customers the freedom to extend high-speed reliable data connections from their main data room, telecom closets or even extend the fiber-base connectivity deeper inside and outside their buildings at the speeds required, and to do so across either singlemode or multimode fiber cabling.”
Tellabs FlexSym Series includes years of R&D expertise in enterprise LAN focused functionality. That means that advanced Ethernet features like Link Aggregation (LAG), Virtualized LAN (VLAN), Access Control Lists (ACL), Power over Ethernet (PoE), Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), Network Access Control (NAC) including 802.1x, Assured Services Session Initiation Protocol (AS-SIP), and other must-have protocols are supported that satisfy true enterprise requirements.
We will be showcasing the Tellabs Optical LAN and Tellabs FlexSym Series products at BICSI Fall 2018 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas from September 9-13. We invite you to visit our exhibitor booth (#300) to see the following new products:
- Tellabs FlexSym OLT6 XGS-PON and G-PON Optical Line Terminal (OLT) shelf
- Tellabs FlexSym OIU8 symmetric 10G XGS-PON and G-PON service module
- Tellabs FlexSym ONT205 XGS-PON Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
- Tellabs FlexSym Singlemode to Multimode 2×32 Splitter
- Tellabs FlexSym Singlemode to Multimode 2×8 Splitter
Tellabs is leading network innovations with access technologies built to exceed today’s demands while delivering modern high-performance solutions for the future. Fast and secure access has never been in more demand for enterprise and government connectivity. Tellabs’ sole focus is to deliver simple, secure, scalable, stable access to optimize network performance. Tellabs has delivered carrier-class access solutions to service providers for more than two decades. We are now expanding that leadership by defining the future of enterprise networking that connects the campus, buildings and inspires people.
A copy of the original GlobeNewswire news release distribution can be viewed here.